Monday 25 June 2012

#ilovemybike: the bakfiets

This is one of my Dad's current modes of transport. He bought in in Holland about 15 years ago while I still lived there, it cost about £500 in today's money plus another £400 to ship it to England. It had a flat bed with sides, he rebuilt the flat bed to his specs. We replaced the back wheel in about 2001, I was working in a bike shop at the time and we ordered the 7 speed sram with hub brakes (they don't come with gears, just a pedal back break, this one could easily be 30 years old). I built the wheel at bikefix, well, I followed the instructions of the experts but essentially I put it together and it's still going. The hands, Dad made. He uses it as part of his market stall on Newbury market selling wood carvings.

No comments:

Post a Comment